First Baptist Church of Jackson California
from our beginning to Now
The church at 10700 N. Highway 49 began as a mission effort of the First Baptist Church of West Point in the 1950’s until, in 1959, the group organized into their own church family.
Meeting in temporary and borrowed facilities, as well as being unable to pay for a full-time pastor, presented many challenges. But the core church family persisted, and by 1969 had purchased our present property and built a 24′ x 32′ A-frame building.
By 1971 a full-time pastor was hired.
In 1975 an educational building north of the auditorium and a small paved parking lot were added.
By 1978 the main auditorium and education building were connected with a baptistery included in the construction.
In 1995 a two-story building was constructed at the south end of the auditorium and at the same time the paved parking lot was expanded to it’s current ample area.
From then through today we work to maintain an attractive, welcoming environment in which to worship and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.”